Volunteers at the Derby Ramathon
Volunteers play a huge role in sport and physical activity, without them clubs, teams and sessions across Derbyshire would not happen.
Volunteers also play a vital role in helping others get and stay active, whether it's a family member, a friend or someone they care for.
Within this section you will find information on:
- Registering - as a volunteer
- Searching - for volunteering opportunities
- The IMPACT project - inclusive volunteering (2016 project)
If you have any general questions about volunteering, where to get started or who can support you, get in touch with us.
t. 01773 748907
Volunteering in an Active Nation
The Sport England 'Volunteering in an Active Nation' strategy outlines the importance of the benefits of volunteering to the individual as well as the local community.
To read the strategy, click on the link below:
- Volunteering in an Active Nation (PDF, 3.7 Mb)
Officials play an important role in competitions.
Derbyshire volunteer stories
Read stories here about how Derbyshire volunteers have both helped others take part in physical activity and benefited themselves from the experience:
- Read Jennifer's story about her experience of being a Clydesider at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- Read Sam's story about being a Young Ambassador in Derby and his experience volunteering in school and his local community
- Read about the Derbyshire Young Coaches Academy - set up to support young leaders develop their coaching skills
- Read how Jamie has gained confidence in volunteering at his local club